Health is the most precious possession a human can have. We can achieve anything we desire with good health. The lack of health can cause you illness and even severe disorders and diseases. Since the thousands of years, Ayurveda has helped us to conquer many diseases and it is the source of many modern-day medical discoveries and inventions. And who help us to maintain our good health? Hence we have written this article on world pharmacists day 2020 to give everyone more information.
The answer is the doctors. Doctors help us to diagnose and cure the illness. They are always there to make our pain and misery go away and that why doctors are compared with God? There are the people who do as important work as doctors and they are Pharmacists. To celebrate the contribution of pharmacists around the world, 25th September is celebrated as World Pharmacists Day globally.
In this article, we have given you all the necessary information about the World Pharmacists Day like why it is celebrated, when it was started, what is the theme of World Pharmacists Day for 2020 and some celebration ideas to celebrate the pharmacists day too. This information will also help you in competitions like speech and essay held in medical and pharma colleges on this day. So let’s start.
World Pharmacists Day 2020 Theme, Essay & Celebration Ideas
So, who is a pharmacist? Putting into simple words, a pharmacist is a healthcare professional working in the field of health sciences called Pharmacy focusing on the safe and effective use of medicines. They are also called as Chemists or Druggists. The field of work of a pharmacist is directly interacting with the doctors and patient to promote the safe and effective use of drugs, spreading awareness about the uses, cations, harms, overdose and the side effects of the medicines and drugs.
History of Pharmacists
Today’s work of pharmacists is greatly related to the Vaidyas in ancient India. In ancient India, Vaidyas and Rishis who used to had a thorough knowledge of the medicines used to provide the Ayurvedic medicines to the masses and they were highly respected by the people.
The kings used had their health experts to diagnose and cure illnesses and diseases. In ancient Japan, the pharmacists were given more importance than the personal physicians of the emperor and royal families. Today, in the modern medical world, the role of a pharmacist has become more complex and essential.
What Is World Pharmacists Day & Why and When It Is Celebrated?
The world pharmacists day is celebrated to commemorate and honour the contribution of pharmacists to the world. International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) is a global federation which represents more than three million pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists worldwide decided to celebrate 25th Septemeber as Annual World pharmacists Day, in the FIP Congress in Istanbul in 2009.
The day is celebrated to organize activities that promote and advocate the importance of pharmacists to aware people in the safe and effective use of medicines, getting rid of the counterfeit medicines in every corner of the world. The world pharmacists day is celebrated globally on 25th Septemeber every year.
World Pharmacists Day 2020 Theme
Each year the world pharmacists day is assigned a theme that focuses on that topic or issue. The theme for 2017 was “From research to health care: Your pharmacist is at your service.” This theme is chosen to honour the valuable contribution of pharmacists to the health and medical field. From research and development of the latest medicines to the direct interaction with the patients and future pharmacists to promote safe and effective medicinal use.
The theme for World Pharmacists Day 2019 was “Safe and Effective Medicines for All”. The theme for World Pharmacist Day 2020 is “Transforming Global Health”.
Dr. Carmen Peña is the current president of the FIP and he emphasizes the importance of pharmacists in the health and medical field as the pharmacists are present in the whole process, from the identification of the first molecule of the diseases to the cure of the disease. The theme for 2016 world pharmacist day was ‘Pharmacists: Caring for You’ which focused on the vastly improved role of pharmacists from medicines suppliers to the care providers.
Official Logo, Campaign Animation, Placards, Twibbons
The official logo for world pharmacists day is released by the FIP. They have also released the campaign animation video on the website. The placards saying “Your pharmacist at your service” is also available on the website and the federation is encouraging pharmacists around the world to use the placards and twibbons.
A ribbon is a small image placed on the profile picture of social media profiles showing that you support that cause or event. All these things are available on the official FIP website. The link is here: International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP)
Pharmacists Day 2020 Wishes, Messages, Quotes
World Pharmacists day is the great day for pharmacists to celebrate the work and contribution to society. So let’s take this day to share happiness with your friends and fellow pharmacists by wishing them, sharing posters, cards, messages and images, videos too. We have given you some messages, wishes, quotes about pharmacists and the pharmacy profession to share with your friends.
- “When religion was strong and science weak, men mistook magic for medicine; now, when science is strong and religion weak, men mistake medicine for magic.”
- “Slinging pills, to pay the bills!”
- “The only equipment lack in the modern hospital? Somebody to meet you at the entrance with a handshake!” – Martin H. Fischer
- “The will to win, desire to succeed, urge to reach your full potential. These are the keys that will get you 400 MURs.”
- “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to amend the CD register.”
World Pharmacists Day 2020 Celebration Ideas
World pharmacists day is celebrated across the globe annually by the physicists and medical organizations. The core motive behind celebrating the day is to promote the importance of pharmacists in the medical field and the safe, effective use of medicines. There are some other celebration ideas which can help you to celebrate the world pharmacists day.
- If you are a pharmacy students, then you can organize a small event to thank and honour your teachers for enlighting you with the great knowledge of pharmacy. You can also felicitate the students for their will to pursue a career in pharmacy.
- You can make a small animation video, posters which will give information about the pharmacy field and pharmacists. If you are not able to make such videos there are so many videos and documentaries available on YouTube.
- Make cards, greeting to wish your professors and classmates to wish them a happy pharmacist day.
- Visit a nearby school and give information about why taking care of your health is important and also the benefits of cleanliness, sanitation, and hygiene.
- Visit a nearby rural area or village and give information about the safe and effective use of medicines also the dangers of overdose and counterfeit medicines.
- In the world of social media, share pictures, funny jokes, quotes, videos, music about the pharmacists to your friends.
If you liked my humble attempt of spreading the information then please let me know in the comment section below. Your words motivate me to work more. Thank you and wish you a happy World Pharmacists Day. Thank you for making this world a better place to live. 🙂