A woman has the ability to reproduce. She gives birth to a baby after carrying it in her womb for 9 months. It is not easy to have a baby in the womb for 9 months. A woman has patience and she endures the pain for her child. After giving birth to a child the woman becomes a mother. Mother is the goddess of our life. We get our lives because of a mother. We should give respect and honour her entire life.
Nobody can pay the debt of a mother. Then what does our mother wants? She wants only and only the love of her children. Celebrating Mother’s Day is one way of honouring her. What is Mother’s Day? Why people across this globe celebrate it? How can we make the Mother’s Day 2019 special? You will get all these question’s answers in this article. You can use this information in the essay, speech competitions organized in your school and colleges.
Mother’s Day 2021 Date, Theme, Essay, Celebration Ideas & Activities
A mother is someone who never leaves our hand, who supports and motivates us throughout our life. Mother can replace anybody in our life but nobody can replace our mother. She never expects anything from us except love. A mother is a person in our life who gives us birth, who teach us how to live this life, who teach us all the good and bad things for us. Our life gets complete with her. No matter how elder we get, we be the kid with the mother. No matter how much we get successful in life, no other thing can give us peace as a mother’s lap gives.
Even though we try our best we cannot pay her debts in our entire life. She sacrifices many things for her children. She deserves to be honoured. For honouring the mother, motherhood, maternal bonds and her influence in society we celebrate Mother’s Day every year. This day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May every year in India and some other countries like the USA.
Mother’s day was celebrated on 10th May in the year 2015. On 8th May in the year 2016. In 2017, mother’s day was celebrated on 14th May. The Mothers’ Day 2018 was celebrated on 13th May 2018. Mother’s Day 2019 was celebrated on 12th May 2019. And in the year 2021, it will be celebrated on 9th May. It was originated in ancient days by Greek and Romans. Mother’s Day was also noticed in the UK at that time. It is celebrated on different dates in different countries. Almost 46 countries celebrate this day across the world.
It is an opportunity to say thanks and express love to mothers on this day. There are several modern ways to celebrate the day with various events and activities among people. In school and colleges, students give speeches or write essays on mother’s day. At workplaces, people organize some events with themes and celebrate the day. Every person feels to thank his/her mother; some give gifts, some write poems or lines for their mother, some give greeting cards or some throw surprise parties for their mother.
History of Mother’s Day
In the history of mother’s day, there were no such fascinating celebrations like today. People forward messages, quotes, Shayaris for wishes through social sites. Many videos and pictures related to this day get spread all over your walls and chats on social media. Gift shops give offers and special gifts for mothers.
There be discounts and offers on shopping for mothers in malls and shops. Some people manage to perform plays, sing songs or make videos for mothers on this day. People are using as many different ideas as they can but do all these activities really make your mother happy? If you ask me, my answer would be no. Yes, I agree these are the ways to express your love to a mother but there are many more things which we can do for our mother.
Mother’s Day 2021 Theme
Every year a theme is dedicated to the celebration of mother’s day. The theme of celebration of Mother’s Day 2019 is not decided yet. A theme for the Mother’s Day in the year 2017 was “Every Mother knows”. The theme for the Mother’s Day in the year 2016 was “Hands of the Mother”. “Heart of the Mother” was the theme of mother’s day 2015. World Mother’s Day theme for 2021 is not announced yet.
Mother’s Day 2021 Celebration Ideas, Activities | How to celebrate the Mother’s Day 2021?
Setting a selfie with a mother as DP and forwarding the messages is not the way to celebrate this day. I would suggest you some celebration ideas which you can use to celebrate Mother’s Day in 2021:
- Instead of buying greeting cards and gifts, create handmade cards with your own thoughts and feelings for your mother. You can also use DIY videos for this on the Internet.
- Parties and trips will surely make her happy for the moment but promise her that you will spend your some moments with only her every day apart from your busy schedule, it may be by talking with her on-call or having a cup of coffee with her at home.
- Forwarding messages and stuff on social sites will create awareness of the day but for showing your love to your mother, express your feelings, thank her for this life, spend time with her, show her that she is not only the part of your life but she is your life.
- For celebrating the Mother’s day, don’t spend money on expensive gifts and things. Spend your money in helping the children of orphanage or people at old age homes.
- At a personal level, don’t only watch the movies and videos about mothers but accept the facts and things and educate those to your friends or younger siblings.
- The best gift for every mother is that her child is with her for her entire life. Tell her how much you love her. It will surely make her day.
These are not the only ways to celebrate mother’s day but these will definitely help you in celebrating the day in a new and different way. There should be some theme and innovation in the celebration of mother’s day which will educate and aware people about the importance of Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day 2021 Quotes, Slogans, Wishes, Messages
Mother’s day is the day to celebrate the motherhood and express your love to your mother. On this day people with their mother and other people a happy mother’s day by wishing each other by sending messages, emails, images, songs, videos, letters, gifts. People post statuses, updates, stories on social media. Here we have given a list of some of the best quotes, slogans, lines about mother, and mother’s day. You can use these quotes, slogans for your status updates on Facebook, WhatsApp status, Facebook, Instagram captions for the pictures etc.
- I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. -Abraham Lincoln
- Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. -William Makepeace Thackeray
- Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. -Erich Fromm
- Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face. -George Eliot
- The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. -Honore de Balzac
- Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws. -Barbara Kingsolver
- My family is everything. I am what I am thanks to my mother, my father, my brother, my sister… because they have given me everything. The education I have is thanks to them. -Ronaldinho
- A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. -Victor Hugo
A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path. Respect your mother and love her unconditionally. Celebrate the day with her just as a way of expressing feelings towards her and not for showing off the world.
Tips for Speech on Mother’s Day 2021
- Speech is not about mug up the script and speak, it is about sharing gown thoughts about the given topic.
- Try being interactive while delivering the speech.
- Be expressive with the emotions and gestures.
- Try giving the speech in front of your family or friends for building up the confidence.
Tips for Essay on Mother’s Day 2021
- You can write an essay in the story format also.
- Write your essay in three logical sections: introduction, detailed concept, and conclusion.
- Use simple language while writing the essay.
If you like this article and find it helpful, please let us know by sharing your opinion or suggestion in the comment section below. We love receiving your response. 🙂