There is no doubt that a mother’s love is the purest, warm and caring kind of love in the world. Sadly, we do not think in the same way for our father. Does that mean the fathers do not love their children? No, Fathers do love their children in their own way. Many poems, novels, and books have been written on the mother’s love and we have rarely read any poem on the father’s love. Father’s love is unexplored territory for many people and some even think that it doesn’t even exist. Talking about the father’s love, Father’s day is around the corner and I bet many people are unaware of it. So here we are to help you.
In this article, we have given all the information about the Father’s Day 2021 you wanted to know. The information such as “When is the father’s day celebrated?” Date of father’s day, when the father’s day started? its history etc. We also have some interesting stuff such as quotes about Father’s Day 2021, some gifts and cards ideas for father’s day. You can use this information for essay and speech on father’s day too. So let’s start.
Father’s Day 2021 Date, History, Quotes, Gifts & Card Ideas
Is today Father’s Day?
Many people must be googling this question to confirm that is it really the Father’s day? Well, you can ask this question on the third Sunday of June month every year. Yes, Father’s Day is celebrated every year on the Third Sunday of June month. And in this year 2021, Father’s Day will be celebrated on 20th June 2021 across the world including India, UK, and Australia too. So you got the answer to your question “Is today father’s day?”
When is Father’s Day celebrated?
Well, as I mentioned above, Father’s Day is celebrated across the world on the Third Sunday of Month June every year. And for this year 2021, fathers day will be celebrated, observed on 20th June 2021 across the world.
When was Father’s Day started? | History of Fathers Day 2021
I am pretty sure that the Father’s day was started to honour and respect the love of father and fatherhood and the importance of a father in our life. But sadly in today’s world, Father Day is highly commercialized but the businesses like mother’s day, Christmas and any other festival. But I m sure if we know the history of fathers day and why it was started, we will celebrate the father’s day with its true meaning and by our heart.
So when was the first father’s day was celebrated? In Catholic Europe, a customary day of celebrating the fatherhood, paternal bonds and the influence of fathers on the society, 19th March was used to celebrated as Fathers Day which was the feast day of Saint Joseph, who is referred to as the fatherly Nutritor Domini (“Nourisher of the Lord”) in Catholicism and it goes back to the Middle Ages.
In the modern days, The first Father’s Day was celebrated on June 19, 1910, a Father’s Day celebration was held at the YMCA in Spokane, Washington by Sonora Smart Dodd. You can read more about the history of father day observance on Father’s Day Wikipedia Page.
Father’s Day 2021 Quotes, Messages, Wishes | Happy Father’s Day 2021 Whatsapp Status
Here, in this section, we have given you some best quotes about fathers. You can use these quotes for your cards, messages and sending wishes to your father on father’s day. So if you are a son or daughter of your loving dad, these quotes will help you.
- My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me. – Jim Valvano
- To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter. -Euripides
- “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.” ― Umberto Eco
- “You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes.” ―Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
- “Sometimes I think my papa is an accordion. When he looks at me and smiles and breathes, I hear the notes.” ― Markus Zusak
- “To her, the name of father was another name for love.” — Fanny Fern
- “That was when the world wasn’t so big and I could see everywhere. It was when my father was a hero and not a human.” ― Markus Zusak
- “A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.” ―Frank A. Clark
- “A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.” ―Enid Bagnold
- “Anyone who tells you fatherhood is the greatest thing that can happen to you, they are understating it.” ―Mike Myers
- “He adopted a role called being a father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a protector.” ―Tom Wolfe
- It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.
- Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing dad.
- As a daughter of the king of kings, your purpose is not to turn heads but to turn hearts toward our Heavenly Father.
- “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it.” ―Clarence Budington Kelland
Father’s Day 2021 Gift Ideas & Celebration Ideas
I m sure you must be confused about what to gift your father’s on this father’s day. Don’t worry, we are here to help you. Here we have given a list of some thoughtful and loving gifts and ideas for your father. Let’s take a look.
DIY Father’s Day Cards and Crafts
Nothing can be more special than a handmade gift, card for your father. A handmade card, gift means that you have put your thoughts, efforts, and love in it. The handmade card or gift is more personal than market bought gifts. So, this father’s day, make a handmade card or a craft and gift it to your father.
Classic Gifts for Men
There are some gifts that are classic gifts for men. Things like perfumes, ties, leather jackets, wallets, belts, shirts, pens, grooming kits are some of the classic gifts which are gifted to men. So if you don’t get much time to decide what to gift to your father, these classic gifts are always an option.
Something He Likes
Everyone has a hobby and your father must be having one too. He will definitely like the thing which he has an interest in. So if your father loves fishing or he is into gardening then you can gift him fishing rode or some gardening tools. Make sure you know what he likes.
Spend A Day with Your Father
In today’s fast-paced world it has become a luxury to spend time with your loved ones. So if you truly want to celebrate your father’s day, spend the day with your father. Listen to him. Do activities together. Go on a road trip. Spending time together will help you to bond with him. 🙂
So this was a small list of some card, craft, celebration ideas to celebrate the fathers day. I have deliberately kept the list short and simple. You’ll get tons of typical gift ideas on the internet. But I think if you truly want to celebrate the fathers day, spend your time with him. Because your time is the best gift you can give to your loved ones.
I hope you liked this article. If this article helped you in any sense then please leave your thoughts in the comments down below. Thank you. 🙂