Throughout history, mankind has suffered from many massive diseases spread across countries and continents. One of such pandemics is now disrupting the lives across hundreds of countries and its name is Coronavirus or Covid-19. By now, you must be in your home, self quarantined because of the rapid spread of the Corona virus across the world. It is important to understand the information about Coronavirus, COVID-19 such its origin, symptoms and prevention methods and techniques, so that we can fight this epidemic. Hence we have written this essay on Coronavirus, COVID-19 to give you more information about it.
This essay on COVID-19 will help you to take the right precautions and stop the spreading of the disease. This information will also help you to write an essay on Corona virus, COVID-19 in English in 150, 200, 500, 750 words for your school or college. Now, let’s get started.
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of illness-causing viruses such as common cold to severe diseases like Middle East Respiratory Syndrome(MERS-CoV). COVID-19 is a new strain from the same family which was discovered in 2019 and it was not previously identified in humans. Though scientists around the world are doing research on a war footing, unfortunately, there is currently no cure or vaccine to prevent COVID-19, hence the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus.
If you are wondering why the name Corona? Let us tell you. The name “Coronavirus” comes from its crown-like projection on its surface. Corona in the Latin language means crown or halo.
The virus originated in Wuhan in China and now has been spread to at least 166 countries with more than 234,073 confirmed cases and 9840+ worldwide deaths as of 19th March 2020. The countries with the most number of confirmed cases are China, Italy, Germany, France, Spain and Iran. Now let’s get to know more about the symptoms of the Corona virus, COVID-19 so that you can understand how to identify it.
The symptoms and early signs of the Coronavirus, COVID-19 may slightly vary person to person. The common and mostly seen symptoms are fever, dry cough, difficulty in breathing, body pain. It may take 2 to 14 days for a person to notice the symptoms of Coronavirus after the infection.
The World Health Organization(WHO) has suggested that young children, people aged 65 or older and pregnant women are at the highest risk of getting the COVID-19 infection. Hence it is very important for these group of population to take extra care and protection against the coronavirus. Now let’s take a look at how we can prevent ourself from getting infected by the Coronavirus or COVID-19.
Prevention of the Corona virus, COVID-19
Though there is currently no cure, treatment or vaccine for coronavirus, it can be prevented by following some simple yet effective techniques. Here are some of the ways people can protect themselves from getting infected by the Coronavirus or COVID-19:
- Thoroughly wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you have been in a public place and after sneezing, coughing or blowing your nose.
- If soap and water are not readily available use a hand sanitizer to contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Follow social distancing. Avoid gatherings and the unnecessary crowd.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or handkerchief while coughing or sneezing.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Wear a facemask if your sick or around people sharing a room or in public places and public transport.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, phones faucets, sinks, etc.
- Do not spread false information through social media. Research before you share.
- Try to stay updated, get legitimate information from the internet.
Coronavirus can be avoided with the right precautions and contribution from the people. Be a responsible citizen and help to stop this global crisis of Corona virus.
If you liked the information about Coronavirus in this essay, then please let us know in the comment section below/ Share the article with your classmates, friends and family members to raise awareness. Thank you.