School always ask students to write 5, 10 to 15 Lines essay on famous or historical personalities like Mahatma Gandhi, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, Shahid Bhagat Singh, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam etc. In this article, we are giving you 10 to 15 Sentences about Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
The first section is good for school students of class 4,5,6 etc. If you find vocabulary difficult, you can replace such words with simpler synonyms. In the next session, we have given 20 to 25 lines speech or essay on Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. This section is suitable for school students of class 7, 8, 9, 10 etc. We have given a few extra points, you can choose the lines as per your requirements.
10, 15 Lines, Sentences About Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in English
- Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was the first prime minister of India.
- He is also known as Pandit Nehru because of his Kashmiri Pandit roots.
- He is famous as “Chacha Nehru/Uncle Nehru” in Children.
- He was born on 14th November 1889 in Allahabad.
- His mother name was Swaroop Rani.
- His father Motilal Nehru was a prominent lawyer.
- Jawaharlal Nehru was the eldest son, he had two sisters.
- He became prime minister of India three time in a row.
- He headed the non-Alignment Movement.
- After independence, Nehru improved economic, social, domestic and foreign policies
- He died on 27th May 1964 due to the heart attack.
- His birthday, 14 November is celebrated as Children’s Day (Bal Diwas).
- Chacha Nehru will be always remembered for his contribution to Indian independence and progress after it.
Short Speech Essay, Paragraph, Speech on Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in English
Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru the first prime minister of India was a central figure in Indian politics before and after independence. With Mahatma Gandhi, he paved the road for Indian independence. His father Motilal Nehru was a prominent lawyer, an activist in Indian Independence Movement and a very important leader of Indian national congress.
Jawaharlal Nehru was graduated from Trinity College, Cambridge and Inner Temple (The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple, commonly known as Inner Temple, is one of the four Inns of Court in London), where he was trained as a barrister. After coming back to India he joined Allahabad High Court. With time his interest shifted to national politics.
By 1920, he became a prominent leader in Indian National Congress. In 1929 Jawaharlal Nehru called for Complete Independence from British Rule. During this time Muslims League under the leadership of Muhammad Ali Jinnah also gained popularity and demand for the separate Muslim country also rose. The power struggle between Nehru and Jinnah resulted in two countries and a deadly massacre of partition in 1947.
During his prime ministerial period, he drove India towards plural, secular, republic. He took the leading role in the Non-Aligned Movement. Under Nehru, Congress won three consecutive elections in 1952, 1957 and 1962. After the failure in the 1962 Sino-Indian War his health started declining. He died on 27th May 1964 due to a heart attack. He will be always remembered for his contribution.
If you liked our efforts then kindly tell us what you think about Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru?